Are you tired of the sun’s harmful rays damaging your car’s interior, causing it to fade and crack? Or are you looking for a way to reduce heat buildup in your car during hot summer days? If so, you’re probably considering window tints. In this article, we’ll take an in-depth look at AutoShade UV-blocking window tints and everything you need to know about them.
What are AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints?
AutoShade UV-blocking window tints are a type of film that is applied to the windows of a car to block out a significant amount of UV radiation and heat. This film is made up of multiple layers that work together to provide superior protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
AutoShade UV-blocking window tints work by reflecting and absorbing the sun’s UV radiation and heat. The film’s multiple layers are designed to reflect the majority of UV radiation, while also absorbing some of the heat that comes with it.
Pros and Cons of AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints
- Protects car’s interior from fading and cracking caused by UV radiation
- Reduces heat buildup inside the car, making it more comfortable to drive
- Increases privacy and security by making it harder for people to see into the car
- Enhances the overall appearance of the vehicle
- Helps to reduce glare from the sun, making it easier to drive
- Can be expensive
- May not be legal in all states/countries
- Installation requires skill and expertise to ensure a quality job
Who can Benefit from AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints?
AutoShade UV-blocking window tints can benefit anyone who spends a significant amount of time in their car. However, they are especially beneficial for:
- People who live in areas with high UV radiation and heat
- Those who frequently transport children or pets in their car
- People who have leather or other sensitive materials in their car’s interior that are prone to fading and cracking
When should you Install AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints?
AutoShade UV-blocking window tints can be installed at any time of the year. However, it is recommended to do so during cooler months to allow the film to properly adhere to the windows without any issues.
How to Install AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints Step by Step
Installing AutoShade UV-blocking window tints requires skill and expertise to ensure a quality job. Here are the general steps involved in installing these tints:
- Clean the windows thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris
- Measure the windows to determine the size of the tint needed
- Cut the tint film to the appropriate size
- Apply a soapy water solution to the inside of the window
- Peel the protective backing off the tint film
- Place the film onto the window, making sure it is centered and straight
- Use a squeegee to smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles
- Allow the tint to dry completely before rolling down the windows or cleaning them again
Alternatives to AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints
If you’re not sold on AutoShade UV-blocking window tints, there are alternative options available. These include:
- Sun shades
- Window curtains
- Ceramic coatings
Tips for Maintaining AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints
To ensure your AutoShade UV-blocking window tints last for as long as possible, follow these tips:
- Avoid rolling down the windows for at least 48 hours after installation
- Use a soft cloth and mild soap to clean the tinted windows
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners or tools on the tinted windows
- Do not use stickers or decals on the tinted windows
Comparing AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints to Other Brands
AutoShade UV-blocking window tints are just one of many brands available on the market. Here’s how they compare to some other popular options:
- 3M Automotive Window Film: Offers similar UV protection, but with added privacy features
- Llumar CTX Window Tint: Provides superior heat rejection, but with a higher price tag
- SolarGard Ultra Performance Window Film: Offers excellent UV protection and heat rejection, but may not be legal in all states/countries
The Best AutoShade UV-Blocking Window Tints for 2023
After extensive research and testing, we’ve determined that the best AutoShade UV-blocking window tints for 2023 are:
- AutoShade Premium Nano Ceramic Tint
- AutoShade Carbon XP Tint
- Are AutoShade UV-blocking window tints legal?The legality of AutoShade UV-blocking window tints depends on your state or country’s laws. It’s important to check with your local authorities to ensure you are within the legal limit before installing them.
- How much do AutoShade UV-blocking window tints cost? The cost of AutoShade UV-blocking window tints varies depending on the size of your car and the type of tint you choose. Generally, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $600.
- Can I install AutoShade UV-blocking window tints myself? While it is possible to install AutoShade UV-blocking window tints yourself, it requires skill and expertise to ensure a quality job. It’s recommended to have a professional install them for you.
- How long do AutoShade UV-blocking window tints last? AutoShade UV-blocking window tints can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years, depending on the quality of the tint and how well it is maintained.
- Will AutoShade UV-blocking window tints affect my visibility while driving? AutoShade UV-blocking window tints may slightly reduce your visibility while driving, especially at night or in low light conditions. However, they should not significantly impair your ability to see the road.
AutoShade UV-blocking window tints are a great way to protect your car’s interior from UV radiation and heat buildup. They also provide added privacy and an enhanced appearance. With proper installation and maintenance, these tints can last for years. However, it’s important to check with your local authorities to ensure they are legal in your area before installing them.